Pete's Pumpkins

Monday, October 1, 2007

Installing the Backdrop – Part Two

The first test application of the backdrop revealed a few issues I wanted to resolve. Firstly, as the image I was using was small it didn’t scale well when printed large – the image quality degraded too much. Secondly, the colour of the backdrop wasn’t quite right.

I purchased a small copy of this image from istockphoto.com for $1.00. I colour-corrected the image such that it lost its ‘peach’ hues, and then I re-coloured the fields so that their colours more closely matched the ground cover I had applied. Finally, I scaled the image to the appropriate size and subtly applied paint daubs filter – just enough to correct the graininess of the image. I cut the image to fit, and attached it too the hardboard using rubber cement.






No comments: